About the PMHC-MDS
Funding by the Australian Government Department of Health has been provided to Primary Health Networks (PHNs) through a Primary Mental Health Care flexible funding pool to support commissioning of mental health and suicide prevention services in six key service delivery areas:
- low intensity psychological interventions for people with, or at risk of, mild mental illness;
- psychological therapies delivered by mental health professionals to under serviced groups;
- early intervention services for children and young people with, or at risk of mental illness;
- services for people with severe and complex mental illness who are being managed in a primary care setting;
- enhanced Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health services; and
- a regional approach to suicide prevention activities with a focus on improved follow-up for people who have attempted suicide or are at high risk of suicide.
The Primary Mental Health Care Minimum Data Set (PMHC MDS) will provide the basis for PHNs and the Department of Health to monitor and report on the quantity and quality of service delivery, and to inform future improvements in the planning and funding of primary mental health care services funded by the Australian Government.
The data reported by PHNs through the PMHC MDS will form the basis for production of key performance indicators used to monitor services delivered across the 31 PHN regions covered by PHNs.
Strategic Data Pty Ltd has been contracted by the Department of Health to manage the PMHC MDS on its behalf.
A specification of the data items to be collected in the PMHC MDS is available.
If you would like to be notified about updates to this specification or announcements about the rollout of the PMHC MDS please subscribe to the PMHC MDS mailing list by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject “subscribe firstname.lastname@example.org”. This is not a general discussion list. Only moderated users can send messages to this list.
Information about how to get started on the PMHC MDS is available and will be regularly updated.
Update to the PMHC MDS and Data Specifications - 21/12/2018
PMHC MDS Update v0.25.8
We are pleased to announce that PMHC MDS Update v0.25.8 was released on December 21, 2018.
The following features have been implemented in the data entry interface:
- Added new response for Episode - Principal Focus of Treatment Plan: 8 - Psychosocial Support
- Added new response for Service Contact - Type: 9 - Psychosocial support
- Redefined Service Contact - Venue response 8 from ‘Aged care centre’ to ‘Residential aged care facility’
- Added new response to Service Contact - Venue: 12 - Aged care centre - non-residential
- Added two new responses for Practitioner - Category: 12 - Psychosocial Support Worker and 13 - Peer Support Worker
The following updates and bug fixes have been implemented in the data entry interface:
- Fixed a bug where an episode start date was not correctly reported
The following updates and bug fixes have been implemented in the upload interface:
- Fixed a bug where an error was not being correctly generated for ABNs that were 11 characters long but included whitespace
- Fixed a bug where an upload format of PMHC 1.0 was incorrectly being reported for non PMHC 1.0 uploads early in the upload process
The user guide has been updated to reflect these updates. It is available at https://docs.pmhc-mds.com/user-documentation/.
PMHC MDS Data Specifications Update v1.0.13
We are also pleased to announce that PMHC MDS Data Specifications Update v1.0.13 was released on December 21, 2018. The following updates have been implemented:
Updated Episode - Principal Focus of Treatment Plan to add a new response:
- 8 - Psychosocial Support
Updated Practitioner - Category to add two new responses:
12 - Psychosocial Support Worker
13 - Peer Support Worker