About the PMHC-MDS
Funding by the Australian Government Department of Health has been provided to Primary Health Networks (PHNs) through a Primary Mental Health Care flexible funding pool to support commissioning of mental health and suicide prevention services in six key service delivery areas:
- low intensity psychological interventions for people with, or at risk of, mild mental illness;
- psychological therapies delivered by mental health professionals to under serviced groups;
- early intervention services for children and young people with, or at risk of mental illness;
- services for people with severe and complex mental illness who are being managed in a primary care setting;
- enhanced Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health services; and
- a regional approach to suicide prevention activities with a focus on improved follow-up for people who have attempted suicide or are at high risk of suicide.
The Primary Mental Health Care Minimum Data Set (PMHC MDS) will provide the basis for PHNs and the Department of Health to monitor and report on the quantity and quality of service delivery, and to inform future improvements in the planning and funding of primary mental health care services funded by the Australian Government.
The data reported by PHNs through the PMHC MDS will form the basis for production of key performance indicators used to monitor services delivered across the 31 PHN regions covered by PHNs.
Strategic Data Pty Ltd has been contracted by the Department of Health to manage the PMHC MDS on its behalf.
A specification of the data items to be collected in the PMHC MDS is available.
If you would like to be notified about updates to this specification or announcements about the rollout of the PMHC MDS please subscribe to the PMHC MDS mailing list by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject “subscribe firstname.lastname@example.org”. This is not a general discussion list. Only moderated users can send messages to this list.
Information about how to get started on the PMHC MDS is available and will be regularly updated.
Update to the PMHC MDS - 6/9/2019
PMHC MDS Update v0.31.0
We are pleased to announce that PMHC MDS Update v0.31.0 was released on September 6, 2019.
The following reports have been updated to reflect changes to the specifications:
- Out-1, Out-2 and Out-3 now all use the same (new) criteria for baseline episode inclusion
The following bugfixes have been implemented in the upload interface:
- Fix for a small number of zip files that could not be iteratively extracted
- Fix for deleting data where fields permit multiple responses
- Consistent handling of zip files when all the archived csv files were contained in a subdirectory.
- Fix for data extraction in csv format having metadata.csv.csv
- Fix for permission checks for user roles of a Provider Organisation in grace period
- Fixed date handling uploads where the organisation end date was being set to today’s date
- Fixed error reporting of the Practitioner - Year of Birth field when it is too far in the past
- Fixed test mode so that it reports the same errors as a non test upload
The following bugfixes have been implemented in the reporting interface:
- Fix for calculation of end of financial year dates.
- Fix for App-2 report to also include the organisation type “Aboriginal health/medical service” in calculations
The user guide has been updated to reflect these updates. It is available at https://docs.pmhc-mds.com/projects/user-documentation/en/latest/.