About the PMHC-MDS
Funding by the Australian Government Department of Health has been provided to Primary Health Networks (PHNs) through a Primary Mental Health Care flexible funding pool to support commissioning of mental health and suicide prevention services in six key service delivery areas:
- low intensity psychological interventions for people with, or at risk of, mild mental illness;
- psychological therapies delivered by mental health professionals to under serviced groups;
- early intervention services for children and young people with, or at risk of mental illness;
- services for people with severe and complex mental illness who are being managed in a primary care setting;
- enhanced Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health services; and
- a regional approach to suicide prevention activities with a focus on improved follow-up for people who have attempted suicide or are at high risk of suicide.
The Primary Mental Health Care Minimum Data Set (PMHC MDS) will provide the basis for PHNs and the Department of Health to monitor and report on the quantity and quality of service delivery, and to inform future improvements in the planning and funding of primary mental health care services funded by the Australian Government.
The data reported by PHNs through the PMHC MDS will form the basis for production of key performance indicators used to monitor services delivered across the 31 PHN regions covered by PHNs.
Strategic Data Pty Ltd has been contracted by the Department of Health to manage the PMHC MDS on its behalf.
A specification of the data items to be collected in the PMHC MDS is available.
If you would like to be notified about updates to this specification or announcements about the rollout of the PMHC MDS please subscribe to the PMHC MDS mailing list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “subscribe email@example.com”. This is not a general discussion list. Only moderated users can send messages to this list.
Information about how to get started on the PMHC MDS is available and will be regularly updated.
Update to the PMHC MDS - 23/7/2018
PMHC MDS Update v0.23.9
We are pleased to announce that PMHC MDS Update v0.23.9 was released on July 23, 2018.
The following features have been implemented in the reporting interface:
- System report A7 - Data Quality Report: Open Episodes with no service contact activity for 90+ days,
- System report A8 - Data Quality Report: Open Episodes with a collection occasion recorded at the start,
- System report A9 - Data Quality Report: Recording of outcome measures for completed episodes,
- System report B1 - Activity Report: Client characteristics,
- System report B2 - Activity Report: Episode characteristics,
- System report B3 - Activity Report: Service Contact characteristics,
- System report B4 - Activity Report: Provider Organisation characteristics, and
- System report B5 - Activity Reports by provider workforce characteristics.
The following updates and bugfixes have been implemented in the reporting interface:
- Fixed a bug where the A1 report could not be accessed by a Provider Organisation user.
The following updates and bugfixes have been implemented in the users interface:
- Fixed an error when trying to invite an existing user.
The following updates and bugfixes have been implemented for organisation and role management:
- Database optimisations have been applied resulting in these interfaces being more responsive.