About the PMHC-MDS
Funding by the Australian Government Department of Health has been provided to Primary Health Networks (PHNs) through a Primary Mental Health Care flexible funding pool to support commissioning of mental health and suicide prevention services in six key service delivery areas:
- low intensity psychological interventions for people with, or at risk of, mild mental illness;
- psychological therapies delivered by mental health professionals to under serviced groups;
- early intervention services for children and young people with, or at risk of mental illness;
- services for people with severe and complex mental illness who are being managed in a primary care setting;
- enhanced Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health services; and
- a regional approach to suicide prevention activities with a focus on improved follow-up for people who have attempted suicide or are at high risk of suicide.
The Primary Mental Health Care Minimum Data Set (PMHC MDS) will provide the basis for PHNs and the Department of Health to monitor and report on the quantity and quality of service delivery, and to inform future improvements in the planning and funding of primary mental health care services funded by the Australian Government.
The data reported by PHNs through the PMHC MDS will form the basis for production of key performance indicators used to monitor services delivered across the 31 PHN regions covered by PHNs.
Strategic Data Pty Ltd has been contracted by the Department of Health to manage the PMHC MDS on its behalf.
A specification of the data items to be collected in the PMHC MDS is available.
If you would like to be notified about updates to this specification or announcements about the rollout of the PMHC MDS please subscribe to the PMHC MDS mailing list by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject “subscribe firstname.lastname@example.org”. This is not a general discussion list. Only moderated users can send messages to this list.
Information about how to get started on the PMHC MDS is available and will be regularly updated.
Update to the PMHC MDS - 16/7/2019
PMHC MDS Update v0.30.5
We are pleased to announce that PMHC MDS Update v0.30.5 was released on July 16, 2019.
The following features have been implemented in the data entry interface:
- Improved the form layout for the K10+ and K5 Collection Occasions.
- Improved the data entry process for recording SDQ subscales.
- Improved validation of Collection Occasion measure dates when they are entered after the Episode has been closed.
- Users can now duplicate a previously recorded Service Contact.
The following features have been implemented in the upload interface:
- Accept Metadata worksheets if spelt correctly but documented in any combination of uppercase or lowercase.
- Accept Metadata version files documented as “2” or “2.0”.
The following bugfixes have been implemented in the data entry interface:
- Fixed a bug where users were not returned to the ‘View Details’ page after creating a new Collection Occasion.
- Fixed a bug where the date-picker calendar icon was not working for new Collection Occasion records.
The following bugfixes have been implemented in the upload interface:
- Fixed a bug where the deletion of data did not detect duplicate records in an upload file.
The following bugfixes have been implemented in the reporting interface:
- Fixed a bug where the Acc-1, Acc-2, Acc-3 and App-1 reports were incorrectly shown to Provider Organisation users.
The user guide has been updated to reflect these updates. It is available at https://docs.pmhc-mds.com/user-documentation/.
- Update to the PMHC MDS - 30/6/2019 | June 30, 2019
- Update to the PMHC MDS - 21/6/2019 | June 21, 2019
- Update to the PMHC MDS Developers Instance - 21/6/2019 | June 21, 2019
- View Archive