About the PMHC-MDS
Funding by the Australian Government Department of Health has been provided to Primary Health Networks (PHNs) through a Primary Mental Health Care flexible funding pool to support commissioning of mental health and suicide prevention services in six key service delivery areas:
- low intensity psychological interventions for people with, or at risk of, mild mental illness;
- psychological therapies delivered by mental health professionals to under serviced groups;
- early intervention services for children and young people with, or at risk of mental illness;
- services for people with severe and complex mental illness who are being managed in a primary care setting;
- enhanced Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health services; and
- a regional approach to suicide prevention activities with a focus on improved follow-up for people who have attempted suicide or are at high risk of suicide.
The Primary Mental Health Care Minimum Data Set (PMHC MDS) will provide the basis for PHNs and the Department of Health to monitor and report on the quantity and quality of service delivery, and to inform future improvements in the planning and funding of primary mental health care services funded by the Australian Government.
The data reported by PHNs through the PMHC MDS will form the basis for production of key performance indicators used to monitor services delivered across the 31 PHN regions covered by PHNs.
Strategic Data Pty Ltd has been contracted by the Department of Health to manage the PMHC MDS on its behalf.
A specification of the data items to be collected in the PMHC MDS is available.
If you would like to be notified about updates to this specification or announcements about the rollout of the PMHC MDS please subscribe to the PMHC MDS mailing list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “subscribe email@example.com”. This is not a general discussion list. Only moderated users can send messages to this list.
Information about how to get started on the PMHC MDS is available and will be regularly updated.
Update to the PMHC MDS - 20/5/2019
PMHC MDS Update v0.29.3
We are pleased to announce that PMHC MDS Update v0.29.3 was released on May 20, 2019.
The following updates have been implemented across the interface:
- In order to improve the responsiveness of the system, all tables except View Collection Occasions and View Service Contacts have had pagination implemented. Pagination of View Collection Occasions and View Service Contacts will be implemented in a future release.
The following bugfixes have been implemented in the reporting interface:
- Fixed a bug in reports A7/A8/A9 where rows with zero results were missing.
The following bugfixes have been implemented in the upload interface:
- Fixed a bug where you could not upload to an organisation if it was within its grace period if you did not supply an organisations file/worksheet in the upload.
The following bugfixes have been implemented in the data extract interface:
- Fixed a bug where if multiple episodes for different Provider Organisations within the same PHN had the same episode key where extracted, episodes for the wrong Provider Organisation could get extracted erroneously - this would only occur when a PHN was extracting data.
The following bugfixes have been implemented in the Provider Organisation and Practitioners interfaces:
- Fixed a bug where it was not possible to remove the OMSSS email address
The user guide has been updated to reflect these updates. It is available at https://docs.pmhc-mds.com/user-documentation/.